The idea behind this publication is simple. Have a place to share my learning progress on Reinforcement Learning. Here is what I have as a tentative plan.
- Get a book by Richard S. Sutton and Andrew G. Barto “Reinforcement Learning: An Introduction”.
- Go as slow as I can without loosing an interest. Allow material to sink in!!!
- Go through the book and try to condense material into comprehensible blog posts. Really nice way to question your knowledge. Hopefully get a discussion going; it always helps to have someone to discuss topics with.
- As book goes more towards actual practical solutions to some problems implement most basic algorithms test them using OpenAI gym to solidify knowledge.
- Once a solid fundamentals have been absorbed, write an agent to play my old nemesis – Tetris game. Luckily I have it already written during one long summer.
- Make another plan, or find a specialization in Reinforcement learning to dig in.
- Move somewhere with excessively high rent and 2 hour commute to work (one way) and high fences – so I feel entitled and finally rid of an imposer syndrome… Naaa, just kidding))) Who would do such a thing?
Life long learning, is a blessing and a curse.
Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter. — Izaak Walton